Halio seeks a talented hands-on Sr. Chemical Engineer to help make the world’s most responsive smart-tinting glass. As part of a multidisciplinary team, you will help create and lead our commercial chemical production activities through the design and operation of chemical processes and equipment and the development of understanding at the intersection of chemistry, process design, equipment operation and device performance. Secondary projects to grow the organization will supplement your core work.
- Be responsible for the organization, collection, analysis, and presentation of process and materials data to ensure robust, quality processes through statistical process control throughout the production facility and serve as the engineering interface with our software group
- Lead interface for the design and implementation of control systems throughout the production facility
- Lead the setting of data structure and control system standards for the current production facility and for tools in the next production facility
- Act as hands-on lead engineer on specific processes to design, develop, implement, and validate production methods optimized for safety, quality, cost and material performance working within industrial best practices, including:
- Lead safety reviews and the design of safety control schemes
- Research, recommend, and qualify capital equipment
- Plan and execute experiments and perform process calculations
- Produce clear and detailed design documents
- Assist meeting production ramps on specific processes by sustaining and evolving processes for which you have primary responsibility and develop and maintain robust production planning to ensure reliable delivery of product
- ChE, or related field with 7+ (B.S.) or 5+ (M.S./Ph.D.) years experience
- Success in chemical process design, development, and integration of chemical processes into production including scale up, process development, problem solving and data analysis.
- Proven background in process controls and automation, with strong understanding of equipment wiring, mechanics, and instruments operation principles.
- Proven background in data management, analysis, and statistical process control
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills
- Ability to complete tests and creatively resolve problems as part of a team as well as in an unattended manner
- High standards in ethics, safety, work ethic, team work, and execution
Ideal candidate will also have:
- High mechanical aptitude with the drive to work hands-on with chemical process equipment
- Knowledge of Python, SQL
- Knowledge of LabVIEW programing and PLC process control
- High proficiency with statistical process control
- JMP, Tableau are a plus